Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Fireworks

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you're all enjoying 2007.

Amy and I rang in the New Year at Sydney Harbour with a million or two other people. It was heaps of fun. We had a great seat. We were on a rock jutting out into the water of the harbour. What a view! Fireworks were being set off in four spots around the city. From our rock we could see all four. It was a very impressive show...

Here's the Sydney Harbour Bridge. This lit the whole city up, as you can tell by the water here.

It was amazing to see the fireworks exploding off of the roofs of the major buildings of the city. I've got a bit of this on video if you want it.

It was an impressive show as I said. This is just another shot we took.

With as many people as were there, you can imagine what the trains and buses were like. We chose the train. It was crazy. You could hardly move, and everyone was sweating and smelly. It was worth it though.

How was all of your New Year's celebrations? Anyone do anything fun?

Ryan

PS - Have a blessed 2007!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool guys! Wish I could have been there... but we had fun playing games at Laurie & Jeremy's. Maybe some year.... :)

Anonymous said...

Hey guys ... it must have been amazing to see thoses!!! I went to the Reid's house ... along with a bunch of other people ... it was a fun time ... We counted down to the New Year and then went outside and lit sparklers and ran up and down the street (but not too far, it was cold!). We then welcomed the new year with a few worship songs and camp songs ... haha...it was fun!

Krystle said...

Tricia..my new year's (co) queen!!

The Reid's house is always a blast! I loved how just after the count down we sang worship and prayed. What an awesome way to start off the year on the right foot!

Anonymous said...

hey there...so fun on new years...well you already know we went to play games at laurie and jeremy's...we learned that even though dustin can sing and play instruments he can't hum to save his life...it was a good time!

Laurie said...

Hey guys...Those are nice fireworks. Almost as nice as the ones that end Old Home Week. Almost. Well I hope you guys had a good 2006 (getting married, moving to AUS, being given a car) and I hope that 2007 is just as great. Although after the above mentioned I am not sure how it can be...But if I know you two you will find a way...

Laurie said...

Oh, before I forget I am placing an order for Tim Tams...Mom and Dad shared a few and I must say they easily could become quite addictive...Glad you can't buy them here in Canada. I wouldn't stand a chance.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,
Well i was at the Reids Annual New Years Eve Party lol cause i am a Reid... haha and i have to say it was a blast! Ofcourse my house is always a blast lol..joke! We did do some insane things like Tricia said... we ran up and down the street and we screamed and laughed..haha my neighbors were watching lol and HE IS A COP! haha! then we all piled back inside for prayer worship... my friend James from Haiti prayed in his home langauge or Crail...its a lot like french but not at the same time :)... then we went on to sing some intense songs like I'll Fly Away... Oh happy Day and the classic When the Winddddddd of the Spirit Blows...lol.. ( i was trying to sing it :) )
That was a blast to sing those songs for sure.. i was also broke out my trumpet for a lil redition of The First Noel lol..that was fun! :S
Anyways we had atleast 30 ppl come including John Nasson and HIS GIRLFRIEND Emily... she is sooo cute... we can send u a pic if you'd like...lol
well i had better boogie on out lol
Luv you guys lots and MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!
Gabby