Thursday, September 28, 2006

The Tim Tam

Hey everyone! How are you going (that's Aussie for "how are you doing?")? Amy and I are doing pretty good and keeping very, very busy.

I'm very excited about this post. I want to share with you all one of the most amazing things I've found so far here in Australia... The Tim Tam!

The Tim Tam is Australia’s favourite chocolate biscuit. Around 35 million packs are sold each year - that's nearly 400 million biscuits (I have contributed greatly to the Tim Tam's profits over the last month or so... I think I'm addicted). Tim Tam biscuits first hit supermarket shelves in 1964. They were named after a horse that won the Kentucky Derby in 1958. A member of the Arnott family, Ross Arnott, attended the race day and decided "Tim Tam" was the perfect name for his new biscuit.

They're so good! I'm pretty sure he could've called them just about anything and they still would've been a huge success (and please note that I'm really not as big of a geek as you think I am... I got the facts from their website).

I don't think you can get these things in Canada, so be sure to stop by our apartment and Amy and I will let you try ours. I'm not sure, but I think the Tim Tam is the number one reason so many people are moving to Australia.

Anyway, I should be going. I'll try and post more meaningful thoughts and facts next time, but you need to understand just how good these Tim Tam's are.

Congratulations to Dustin and Alison... I want to see some new pictures of Alexis soon. I'll post a few of them here.

Ryan

PS: If you get a chance to post a comment, you'll see that you can choose your identity just beneath the box in which you type your comment. If you don't mind, and you don't have a Blogger account, just click "Other" and type in your name and we'll know immediatly who you are.

Sincerely Yours, Management

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha....to all you losers who were not the first to post....hey Ryan and Amy...how ya doin?..that's carleton county for "how are you doing".....maybe yoou should send some of those tim tams over this way....send them tp po box 846 hartland nb,e7p3k4....we will let you know if they are good or not....your taste is being altered by all the kangaroo meat....love ya both...talk to you later...

Anonymous said...

Hey, It's O'Dell.
This blog thing is pretty neat.
By the way, even though Tish got to post first, I'm going to try to be the first one to get a Tim Tam! That is if this mission trip works out. It's great to hear an up to date word from you guys! Hope to hear more. Bye

Anonymous said...

Hi You Fellers! So I think I kinda miss you guys alot, so maybe you should just you kno, come home! Ryan I just wanted to introduce you and amy to something called a Tim Bit. You can get them in Canada and I'm pretty sure their a heck of alot better than a Tim Tom or whatver its called. The tim bit was created in 1974 by special scientists. They created a special blend of ingredients that made the mouths of many water. Today "Tim Bit" is Canada's national word and they are sold on every street corner. Just thought i'd share that little "tim Bit" of information with you guys..haha get it?..ooh im good..anyways SNL is today..im friggin pumped, we'll send u guys some pictures..anyways study hard..hope u dont get fat from eating tim Toms...later!..Jon

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys!
Holy cow is my brother weord or what.
I just wanted you to know that the Tim Bit was not created in 1974, and it was not created by scientists, and their not that good. what a nerd.
I would very much like to try a Tim Tam Ryan. So Maybe I'll stop by your apartment a bit later...how does 2ish sound? We could have a spot of tea and some Tim Tams...Yumm!!

Anonymous said...

Hola amigos.. Como estas? Muy Bien... wow Ryan.. i think someone is a little obessed over the Tim Tam.. hmm... I think he needs to go to.. TTA... lol.. ill set up the meetings BACK IN CANADA!!!! :)
How r you guys? So cool this blog thing.. now i dont feel soooo far away...but I MISS YOU GUYS!!! *tear*.. we had SNL last night...haha.. ill tell ya how that went later :)...
anyways, luv you guys and miss you bunches :)
Gabby